Evidence-Based Treatment for Addiction Recovery
Once you’ve decided to enter treatment, it’s important to choose the right program for your specific needs. You want to find a facility that uses proven therapies effective or Evidence-based Treatment for your particular addiction. Unfortunately, many people skip this step and enter the first program they find. This can result in disaster. Poor treatment techniques or a program that doesn’t fit your needs could lead you to relapse.
Addiction to Sobriety works with accredited facilities which focus on evidence-based treatment. This means that therapy they offer can be effective. Choosing these treatment options gives you much better chance at long-lasting recovery. After all, once you’ve entered treatment once, you may not have the motivation to try again later.
What is “Evidence-Based” Treatment
Evidence-based treatment practices have been proven to be effective through scientific research. This may be done through clinical trials or experimentation. Organizations such as the National Registry of Evidenced Based Practice (NREBP) and the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Service Administration (SAMHSA) gather this evidence in an impartial way. They then present this evidence to professionals in the field. This makes it possible for us to understand which treatments work, and why. With this information, we offer you programs that combine clinical and holistic practices.
Why Evidence-Based Treatment
If there’s no scientific evidence that proves a particular therapy works, why would you want to use it? You wouldn’t submit to a medical procedure that hadn’t been proven through many scientific studies. Why would you do so for addiction treatment? Treatments that aren’t evidence-based often prove to be a waste of time and money. In some cases, they can even do more harm than good. Evidence-based treatment is one way to ensure a successful, long-lasting recovery.
Clinical Evidence-Based Therapies
There are many clinical therapies are often effective in treating addiction. Your personalized treatment program may include one or several of these:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) – CBT helps you examine the thought patterns that lead to addiction. You’ll learn to recognize these patterns and learn new skills for dealing with the situations that cause them.
- Medication – Many medications are available today that can help in recovery. These may be used to overcome withdrawal symptoms during detox. Some medications can also help you fight cravings later in recovery.
- Co-Occurring Disorder Treatment – Many people turn to substance abuse as a way to deal with an underlying mental health issue. Receiving treatment for these issues is essential to a successful recovery.
- 12-Step Programs – While not for everyone, the 12-step approach has been proven to be effective for some people. You’ll find this model used in groups such as Alcoholics Anonymous or Narcotics Anonymous.
- Family Therapy – For many people, addiction has destroyed their family relationships. Family therapy can help you repair those bonds. Strong family support can be essential to a long-lasting recovery for many people.
Holistic Evidence-Based Approaches
There are many holistic treatments that are effective at treating addition. Addiction to Sobriety’s facilities offer several of these, including:
- Stress Management Classes – Learning how to deal with the stressful situations life throws your way is an essential part of recovery. These classes teach you how to deal with stress in a healthy way.
- Motivational Enhancement – Entering recovery won’t do much good if your commitment wavers partway through. This approach helps you stay focused on your goal of a healthy, sober life.
- Community Support – A strong support system has been proven to be an essential part of helping clients maintain their recovery.
- Adolescent Social Skills Classes – Many teenagers turn to drugs or alcohol as a way to cope with social situations. These classes help them interact with their peers in a healthy way.
Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
The treatment facilities we recommend offer Dialectical Behavioral Therapy whi can beeffective in treating addiction. DBT combines clinical elements like CBT with holistic approaches such as mindfulness meditation. This can be used to treat the co-occurring disorders or trauma that sometimes accompanies addiction. Therapy modules focus on mindfulness, interpersonal effectiveness, emotion regulation, and distress tolerance.
Feel Confident in Your Program
All of the treatment methods used at Addiction to Sobriety's recommended facilities can be effective. You can feel confident that the program and facility you choose will give you highest quality of care. If you would like to learn more about our facilities or the treatment options we offer, call us